Monday, February 8, 2010

Old Home Videos

We had the luxury of being home all weekend. It was nice. I cleaned house, found a few things in the attic that made me reminisce about my childhood, had a good chat with my sister on the phone, and at the end of the day the girls and I watched old home videos. They even watched our wedding video. They cracked up at how young everyone was. One of my girls said, "I like your voice, you sounded cool." I asked what she meant by that. She said I sounded young. I said, "Well, I was young, 19 to be exact!" Then I got to thinking, "Oh my gosh, I got married before I had an adult sounding voice!" I also had 3 children before my brain was fully developed! That's right, research says a persons brain is fully developed at 25. I had my 3rd kid when I was 24! My poor children!

It's been fun watching old home movies...from watching our newborns sleep for 3o minutes straight to watching them dance in the living room to watching them ride horses to watching them open up Christmas presents...it all takes me back. Their little voices and personalities were so cute! Thinking about them back then and thinking about them now makes me so thankful that God has blessed me with such wonderful daughters. It doesn't take much to make them happy and I love the way they find pleasure in the simplest things. I guess they probably inherited this trait from me because I tend to get excited about the littlest of things. Gorgeous sunsets, $3 Home Trend candles from Wal-Mart, and a good cup of coffee all make me smile and put a spring in my step!

Reminiscing these last few days has made me truly thankful for my life and my family. In this crazy world of ours, people can tend to get caught up in the rush of everyday living that they don't take time to appreciate the little things. I don't want to be one of those people. I want to try and enjoy every day and find something to be grateful for - something about the day that makes me smile. So, in blogs to come, every now and then, I'm going to share the little things that make me smile.

Watching old home videos with my family makes me smile... :)
By the way, if you have a video camera, whip it out and start recording, I promise you'll be glad you did in years to come!

2 comments:

  1. Even with your underdeveloped brain, you have always been a great mom!!! :) heehee! I enjoyed visiting with you the other day. I look forward to seeing some of those videos. Your blog is lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I think it is better to have children when you have an underdeveloped brain!! I think I think about things waaaay too much now that I am older. I would LOVE to watch some old videos when I am home. I just love watching your family. You have 3 wonderful daughters; a big part of the reason they are wonderful is because of you. Love you mucho!!

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones