Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hide-N-Seek

We just got back from playing a game of night-time hide-n-seek on the 4 wheelers. The girls had their cousin over tonight so we each grabbed a partner and hopped on a 4-wheeler.

Mark's rules: 1.We have to stay in the House Pasture.
2. We can't go past the 2nd tank.
3. Once your spotted you can't take off.

You won't find me breaking the first two rules. We venture too far from the house as it is! Man, my girls are brave! I guess hiding in the bushes, at night, in the middle of a pasture, is fun to them! I was riding with Kater-Bug tonight. I told her to look for her dad and Libby up on the hill where all the old trucks were. She hesitated and then took off. When we got up there she got a little nervous and didn't want to proceed. I tried to put up a tough girl front and said, "Oh, come on, there's nothing to be scared of!" But, inwardly I was thinking how much that old junkyard reminded me of a cemetery! I told her to "dale gas"; we got out of there in a flash. I like wide-open spaces.

Seeing as Mark has lived on this ranch all of his life, he knows where the good hiding spots are. It usually takes a little longer for us to find him! He was actually good tonight and didn't try to scare me.

Why is it if you're playing hide-n-seek at night you always have to pee? Even if you just went before you started playing the game.

Another version of hide-n-seek we play is inside with all of the lights off. My favorite hiding place is the bathtub. The girls are too scared to pull the shower curtain back, so they don't look there! Ssshhh! Don't tell anyone! ;) You'd think, since Mark is the biggest guy in the house, he would be easier to spot but he's usually the last one to be found! Games like hide-n-seek are not just for kids. Add a twist to it and you'll find yourself having fun too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones