Friday, April 23, 2010

My New Spot


My new spot for reading and praying...until it gets too hot!

From a distance...


Watching the sheep chill out by Cow Creek
(Behind our house)


Old outhouse behind our house...
(Don't feel sorry for us, we don't have to use it,
we have indoor plumbing!) ha!


Curious cow...is wondering what I'm up to!

Yesterday, as I followed my oldest down to the arena, a nice little spot under some trees, behind our house, caught my eye.  I immediately envisioned twinkly lights hanging from the trees, a fire pit, and seating, maybe a hammock too!  Well, after she rode, I found a table and one little chair.  I hauled them over to the spot under the tree and staked my claim!  I thought it'd be a lovely spot to read and pray in the mornings.  So, this morning, after the girls left for school, I grabbed my bible, a few other books, and my cup of coffee and headed outside.  It was such a beautiful morning.  It was slightly overcast with a gentle breeze.  I loved hearing the birds chirp, the doves call out, and the cows moo.  The coolest thing was the little white butterfly that kept dancing around me!  It was all very relaxing.  I don't know if I've said it before, but I absolutely LOVE nature!  What a creation! 
There were only 2 "hiccups" to this lovely morning: the big caterpillar that was on the table when I got there and I dropped my little turquoise cup as I was walking back to the house!  BTW, I love nature, but I HATE WORMS!  I said a prayer that nothing would fall out of the tree and land on me while I was praying and reading!  Just thinking about it makes me shake!  God answered my prayer and I didn't see another creepy crawly!! 

PRAISE TO THE LORD FROM CREATION

"Praise the Lord from the heavens; praise Him in the heights!
Praise Him , all His angels; Praise Him all His hosts!
Praise Him, sun and moon; praise Him all you stars of light!
Praise Him, you heavens of heavens, and you waters above the heavens!
Let them praise the name of the Lord, for He commanded and they were created.
He also established them forever and ever; He made a decree which shall not pass away.
Praise the Lord from the earth, you great sea creatures and all the depths.
Fire and hail, snow and clouds; stormy wind, fulfilling His word.
Mountains and hills; fruitful trees and all cedars.
Beasts and all cattle; creeping things and flying fowl.
Kings of the earth and all peoples; princes and all judges of the earth.
Both young men and maidens; old men and children.
Let them praise the name of the Lord, for His glory is above the earth and heaven.
And He has exalted the horn of His people, the praise of all His saints -
Of the children of Israel, a people near to Him.
Praise the Lord!
Psalm 148

Wow, He even mentioned creeping things!  I feel a little guilty about holding a life-long grudge against worms. I'm glad I just swooshed the worm off the table instead of smashing it; it might have been praising the Lord!! ;)



1 comment:

  1. Hope you are enjoying your new spot! I am not a bit surprised it is turquoise accented! :)

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones