Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Cat Tale

After a productive weekend and a busy Monday and Tuesday, I wasn't in the mood to cook supper this evening.  Have you ever felt that way?  You look in the frig, you look in the pantry, you look in the freezer, but nothing jumps out and says, "Cook me!"  The thought of everyone doing their own thing crossed my mind...cereal, a sandwich, a tasty burrito...  I gave into the guilt and decided to make something that took longer than 1 minute and 45 seconds to cook (since I only made egg sandwiches last night).  As I walked out the back door to get chicken out of the freezer, I noticed the baby kittens were all alone on the porch.  Before I got to the garage door, I noticed the mama cat - behind a potted plant - just taking it easy.  At first I was a little envious, because like the cat, I wanted a little R&R too!  Then I got a little miffed at the cat for not tending to her little kittens, weren't they hungry?  Hey! Wait a minute!  A few minutes ago, I almost did the same thing (let my kiddos fend for themselves for supper) and then there I was judging the cat for the same thing I almost did!  In life, we do the same thing, don't we?    We judge the women in our lives before really taking a good hard look at our own. We all want to be good wives, moms, sisters, and friends, and sometimes it's hard and not always a barrel of laughs.  So, let's be a little less judgemental and a lot more supportive to the women in our lives!  

"Judge not lest ye be judged."  

1 comment:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones