Friday, October 23, 2009

Not Seeing The Signs

I dropped my girls off at school this morning and then met up with a couple of friends to go walk. We went to the track field, a couple of miles outside of town. We decided to walk the curves and jog the straights, all the while talking and laughing in between. About 5 minutes after our work-out began, we noticed an EMS car (not an ambulance) parked half-way on the road with its' lights flashing. This should have been warning #1, but we basically looked at each other and said, "I wonder what's going on?" We shrugged it off and kept on walking and talking... A few minutes later we heard a couple of gun shots and one of my friends mentioned that someone must be dove hunting. We said, "Yeah, probably so," and we kept on walking... A few minutes later, my two friends said, "Hey, check out that guy on a horse." We were like, "Huh, I wonder what he's doing?" We kept walking and talking (trying to solve our country's youth problems). Then, we noticed a helicopter over head. One of my friends laughed and told the other one, "Hey! I bet that's your husband checking up on you." (He flies helicopters). We laughed and kept walking... When we finally drove back to the house, one of my friends got a message saying everyone in Brackett should be on alert because a convict, from the maximum security prison in Brackett, had just escaped! Then the lightbulbs came on!! We put 2 and 2 together. He was probably right across the road from us the whole time, hiding under a mesquite tree! That explained the road block, the mounted police, the gun shots, and the helicopter hovering overhead!

Wow! How many signs did we need! Just like these visible signs, God gives us signs too. But, we have to slow down and take the time to listen and look around us. Many times He uses the people who cross our paths or certain situations to wake us up, but we can't be preoccupied with so much "stuff" that we are blinded to the warning signs! Open my heart, eyes, and ears Lord, and help me not to be blind-sided from our real enemy, Satan!

BTW, the convict, has still not been captured and the blonde highlights in my hair really do come from a bottle!

1 comment:

  1. HA! I'm glad you are safe. Just like women...too busy talking to notice things around them. He probably would've thought y'all looked like a bunch of entreprenuerers. That's what the last prisoner we ran into thought. LOL!

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones